Discovery starts with a question...
Will the path to the next scientific breathrough begin in your classroom?
The Training Institute for Partnerships in Science (TIPS) is an intensive five day workshop open to Alaska High School science teachers and preservice teachers planning to teach high school science in Alaska. The course is offered in early summer/late spring at the UAF campus with all expenses paid for accepted participants.
Through lecture and hands-on instruction, TIPS aims to increase your proficiency in the fundamentals of molecular biology and laboratory research. After attending and completing the five day TIPS workshop you will be able to:
- Integrate hands-on molecular lab activities into your classroom
- Become a member of a statewide team of educators involved in training Alaskan high school students in cutting-edge research techniques and preparing them for college and research positions
- Receive Professional Development credits
- Receive a modest budget for lab supplies and equipment for the subseqent academic year
- Receive technical support from qualified BioPREP staff and TIPS instructor during the academic year
Be a part of the pipeline!
For more information contact: