Distance Course Support
KuC distance delivered course support:
The KuC-Bethel Distance Education Department provides all sorts of clerical and technical support for students and faculty involved in distance delivered, audio conference, video conference and e-learning courses.
- Fax and photo copy service is available in room 125B.
- Evening support is available at the front desk weeknights, Mon-Thurs until closing at 9 p.m.
- For test monitoring, contact Mary Twito, Administrative Assistant, 543-4584, room 127, mttwito
- For course technology support, Billie Chavez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 543-4507 or Jerry Domnick email@example.com, 543-4590.
- Students in other regions should contact their local campus for registration and technical support.
- Audio Numbers for Students:
- Audioconference Instructions for Faculty:
Audio conference hints:
- Five minutes before your course starts, dial into your course using the 1-800 number. A telephone with a mute button is required. Skype, cell, or battery phones are discouraged and cause echoes, static, or disconnect from the conference. If you experience interference hang up and dial back in.
- To quiet background noise use *6 to mute your line. #6 to unmute your line.
- For Technical help call the Conference Center Help Line at 1-866-649-1700, provide your student pin number and/or instructor name.
- The toll free number works in most regions of North America; students pay for costs outside the toll free zone.
Reserve space at your site to take your course:
Most students attend on-line and audio courses from their home, office, or computer. In some villages a school, library, or public office may provide space.
Bethel students may contact Mary Twito, 543-4584, firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a room reservation. Room arrangements at KuC will be posted.
Village students who travel to Bethel may call Mary Twito to inquire about room availability at KuC.
KuC Computer Lab Access:
- Students enrolled at KuC or UA courses may use the LAC Computer Lab; hours vary and are posted.
- Students taking e-live courses in the computer lab need to bring their own headsets; headsets are not available for loan.
- Plan ahead; practice logging in prior to the course start.
UAF Office of Information Technology (OIT):
- 543-4500 or email@example.com
- 1-800-478-5822; ask for Billie Chavez or Jerry Domnick
- Students from other regions need to contact their local campus IT department.