Find your user name and log into KuC computers:
Use ELMO (Easy Login Maintenance Option) to find and authorize your UA username, student ID number, or reset your forgotten password. Your UA username and password allow access to:
- UA Gmail
- Google Apps @UA
- UAF Blackboard
- UA Enterprise Directory (EDIR)
Activate your university email at http://www.alaska.edu/google
Enter your UA username and password. Students are encouraged to forward their university email to the account they use the most.
UA Online provides access to registration, your class schedule, grades and transcripts, billing and other student and employee services. Establish your account at https://uaonline.alaska.edu/
- Follow the instructions to log in.
- UAOnline documentation
- You will need your UA username and password.
- If you don't know your username and password, see the instructions below to use ELMO and get both.
Step by step ELMO instructions
On a KuC computer:
- Type elmo in the username box
- type the word password in the password box
On your home (or non-KuC) computer:
- Go to https://elmo.alaska.edu
Now follow these steps:
- If you know your student ID# choose option 2
- If you do not know your student ID# choose option 3.
- Click GO ELMO
- Carefully answer at least five of the security questions
- Click Confirm
- Your username will be displayed on the next page and you can set your password by filling in the New Password box.
- Click Set Password
- Allow several minutes for your username and password to be established then hit the Ctrl-Alt-Del keys to log out.
- Finally, try to log into a KuC computer with your new credentials. Be sure to keep your passwords in a safe place!
- If you are not at KuC, try to log into your University E-mail at http://www.alaska.edu/google. Click on the Mail icon and enter your UA username and the password you just set in ELMO.
- NOTE: A directory or confidentiality hold on your records will prohibit you from using ELMO, so contact your local campus registrar to reset your account.
Blackboard is an online LMS or learning management system. It allows students to view and/or download class syllabi, assignments, take tests, participate in online discussions, view grades, and contact their instructor. Instructors are not required to use Blackboard, but many of them do.
Log into Blackboard with your UA username and password. It's a good idea to log in before classes start.
Collaborate is web conferencing software and replaces Elluminate Live (eLive). You and your instructor and classmates can collaborate using audio, video, and recording capabilities. Also available are private and public chat, a whiteboard, application sharing, a clip art library, and the ability to add and edit content at any time. Like e-Live, it is accessed through Blackboard, under the Tools option.
- Select the Collaborate link under Tools, and follow the instructions.
- Collaborate help
- You will need a headset with microphone to participate in audio and video sessions.
- Here is a useful Collaborate tutorial.
UAF Office of Information Technology (OIT):
- 543-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-800-478-5822; ask for ask for Billie Chavez or Jerry Domnick
- Students from other regions need to contact their local campus IT department.
Toll Free: (800) 478-5822