When the UAF Bristol Bay main campus building was renovated and added on to in 2006 the Bristol Bay Envrionmental Science Lab was constructed. The Ecosystem Health track is part of growing Environmental Studies department which also includes the Sustainable Energy track.
Students in the Ecosystem Health program at the UAF Bristol Bay Campus have the opportunity to learn about a naturally diverse ecological unit while studing in the virtually untouched Bristol Bay ecosystem.
Classes conduct research in the following fields:
- Aquatic & Terrestrial Biodiversity
- Global Climate Change And Potential Impacts
- Water Quality and Sanitation
- Local Species Identification
- Studies into Food Webs/ Eating Patterns
- Sediment Porosity Research
- Study the environmental Impacts of Mineral Developments
- Community Awareness on Environmental Issues, both locally and globally
There are many more exciting opportunities to come in the Ecosystem Health program at the UAF Bristol Bay Campus. For more information about our program including how to register for upcoming courses please call (907) 842-5109 or toll free at 1-800-478-5109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org