Current President 2012- 2013:
Contact email: email@example.com
Fall 2013 Office Hours:
MWF: 1-2PM, 3:30-5PM
or by appointment
Defined under Article II of the constitution
Section 1. The President shall be an ASUAF member in good academic standing (2.0 Cumulative G.P.A.)
Section 3: The President shall have the executive authority of ASUAF and shall administer its affairs, enforce the acts of the Senate, and make all appointments, except as specified otherwise.
The President is also retains these powers and duties:
- Assist students with navigating the University and various student services
- Serve as an intermediary between the University and students seeking help
- The power to veto any act within 6 days of its passage by the Senate, or line item veto any bugetary request. (This may be overturned by the Senate with a 2/3 vote)
- Make any and all student appointments to University and ASUAF Committees, unless specified otherwise
- Maintain two regular office hours per week in the ASUAF office
What can the President do for you?
- Answer questions or assist students with any University issue
- Voice concerns to UAF administrators and seek solutions for students
- Connect student concerns with other student governments statewide
- Help any student get involved!