Middle School Application
Middle School Application opens December 20th, 2013 and is Due March 28, 2014
1. Fill out the online application
Please note - once you begin the application, you must complete it. There are no options to save your progress.
2. Send the reference link to a teacher and one other reference and ask them to fill it out.
3. If you are requesting financial aid, complete the "financial aid" section located on the bottom of the application.
The application requires the following information:
1. General information about the student
2. Two short answer questions written by the student telling us about yourself and why you would like to attend ASRA.
This short answer questions are important and will help the placement committee decide whether to accept you and which module might be the best fit for you.
Your short answers do not have to be a work of art or a perfect document for an english class. It is your chance to introduce yourself, and we want to hear your voice. Tell us about your interests, hobbies, and things you like to do. Experiences that you have had in the areas of science and engineering. What would the opportunity of attending ASRA mean to you?
You will only need to fill out the GPA question if you received less then a 2.5
3. Module choices - you can choose up to 4 modules. If you only want to be considered for one module, that's ok, just let us know.
- Students need two references. One must be from a teacher. The other can be a teacher or mentor. References should not be family members.
- Please send this link to the reference: https://asra.wufoo.com/forms/asra-2013-reference-form/
- It is the applicant's responsibility to contact their references and to make sure the reference is submitted before applications are closed on February 29th!
Academic interest We are looking for students who are curious and passionate about learning and who like challenges.
Recommendations We request two references from mentors or teachers and carefully consider their comments.
Good citizenship We are looking for students who are good team members who will have a positive influence on the world.
Age and maturity Older students are preferred for remote off campus modules and the Biomedicine module. Instructors are involved in the placement decisions.
Short answers This is a very important part of the above selection process. We want to know what kind of person you are and why you are are interested in the modules you chose.
The placement committee will begin placing students in March. You will be notified by email once all students are placed. This is usually by the beginning of April.