Middle School Application
Middle School Applications open February 1st, 2015 and are due March 22, 2015
1. Fill out the online application
Please note - once you begin the application, you must complete it. There are no options to save your progress.
2. Send the reference link to a teacher and one other non-relative (this can also be from a teacher). Ask your references to fill out and submit this form prior to the application deadine.
3. If you are requesting financial aid, complete the "financial aid" section located on the bottom of the application.
The application requires the following information:
1. General information about the student
2. Two short answer questions written by the student telling us about yourself and why you would like to attend ASRA.
This short answer questions are important and will help the placement committee decide whether to accept you and which module might be the best fit for you.
Your short answers do not have to be a work of art or a perfect document for an english class. It is your chance to introduce yourself, and we want to hear your voice. Tell us about your interests, hobbies, and things you like to do. Experiences that you have had in the areas of science and engineering. What would the opportunity of attending ASRA mean to you?
You will only need to fill out the GPA question if you received less then a 2.5
3. Module choices - you can choose up to 3 modules. If you only want to be considered for one module, that's ok, just let us know by only requesting that one module for all three choices.
- Students need two references. One must be from a teacher. The other can be a teacher or mentor. References should not be family members.
- Please send this link to the reference: https://asra.wufoo.com/forms/asra-2014-middle-school-reference-form/
- It is the applicant's responsibility to contact their references and to make sure the reference is submitted before applications are closed!
Academic interest We are looking for students who are curious and passionate about learning and who like challenges.
Recommendations We request two references from mentors or teachers and carefully consider their comments.
Good citizenship We are looking for students who are good team members who will have a positive influence on the world.
Age and maturity Older students are preferred for remote off campus modules and the Biomedicine module. Instructors are involved in the placement decisions.
Short answers This is a very important part of the above selection process. We want to know what kind of person you are and why you are are interested in the modules you chose.
The placement committee will begin placing students in April. You will be notified by email once all students are placed.
Email Laura Conner, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 474-6950