Hopkins Fellowship: Announcement for 2016
The David and Rachel Hopkins Fellowship is designed to support University of Alaska graduate students conducting interdisciplinary research focusing on the Quaternary of Beringia or North Pacific Rim.
A fellowship of up to $1000 will be awarded for use until December 31, 2016. Funds may be used to cover tuition, supplies, equipment, or other research-related fees, excluding salary. The fellowship is open to graduate students only.
To be eligible for the fellowship, the student must:
- Graduate student and in good academic standing.
- Conduct interdisciplinary Quaternary research over historic or geologic time scales.
- Work on a project located in or relevant to Beringia or the North Pacific Rim.
- Deliver a completed application as a pdf file (see email address below) to the AQC by 5pm December 9, 2015.
To apply, submit the following to the AQC:
- Completed application form (e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the application).
- A description of the research project (maximum of 2 pages).
- A statement of permitting status.
- An itemized budget and a budget justification.
- Current C.V. (1 page limit) including name, contact information, education, teaching and other relevant experience, awards and honors, relevant presentations and publications.
- An e mail recommendation letter from a faculty supervisor or committee member (also due by the deadline - email@example.com).
Submit a pdf of the completed application packet to the AQC (the e mail letter of recommendation can be sent seperatly). The file can be e-mailed (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We strongly recommend that you contact either the AQC director or other board members (Contact Info) if you are unsure whether your application is appropriate for the Hopkins Fellowship.