Hopkins Fellowship: Announcement for the 2013-2014 period
The David and Rachel Hopkins Fellowship is designed to support University of Alaska graduate students conducting interdisciplinary research focusing on the Quaternary of Beringia or North Pacific Rim.
A fellowship of up to $1500 will be awarded for use until May 2014. Funds may be used to cover tuition, supplies, equipment, or other research-related fees, excluding salary. The fellowship is open to graduate students only.
To be eligible for the fellowship, the student must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time graduate student and in good academic standing at UAF, UAA, or UAS.
- Conduct interdisciplinary Quaternary research over historic or geologic time scales.
- Work on a project located in or relevant to Beringia or the North Pacific Rim.
- Deliver a completed application (see address below) to the AQC by 5pm May 17, 2013.
To apply, submit the following to the AQC:
- Completed application form (e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the application).
- A description of the research project (maximum of 2 pages).
- A statement of permitting status.
- An itemized budget and a budget justification.
- Current C.V. (1 page limit) including name, contact information, education, teaching and other relevant experience, awards and honors, relevant presentations and publications.
- An e mail recommendation letter from a faculty supervisor or committee member (also due by the deadline - email@example.com).
Submit a pdf of the completed application packet to the AQC (the e mail letter of recommendation can be sent seperatly). The file can be e-mailed (firstname.lastname@example.org).