How to Order
The Alaska Native Language Center accepts orders by phone, fax, mail, and e-mail, as well as in person. (Don't fax or e-mail your credit card number. We'll ask for that by phone.)
Commercial orders are accepted. Please contact the Center for commercial discount and shipping information.
Catalog: Download our catalog (PDF, 4 MB)
Phone: (907) 474-7874
Fax: (907) 474-6586
E-mail: email@example.com (please write "BOOK ORDER" in the subject line)
Mail: Alaska Native Language Center
PO Box 757680
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7680
In person: Books may be purchased at the ANLC office, Room 415 Brooks Building, on the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus, during normal business hours.
Online sales: Some books may be purchased online with a credit card. These books are indicated with a "Buy Online" link, which will take you to a page connected to the University of Alaska Press.
Discounts: Discounts are available for bookstores and schools.
Postage and Handling
Orders totaling $75 or less will ship via Priority Mail unless otherwise requested. For international and corporate orders, as well as orders exceeding $75, the shipping method and pricing will be agreed upon before payment is accepted.
The ANLC accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Other Sources Of Materials
- Alaska Native Knowledge Network Publications. Many publications relating to the relationship between indigenous language and education.
- University of Alaska Press Toll free in U.S.: 1-888-252-6657
- Bilingual Education Center, Lower Kuskokwim School District, Box 305, Bethel, AK 99559. Materials for Central Yup'ik bilingual education, mostly primary level, and teachers' aids.
- Commission on Inupiat History, Language, and Culture, North Slope Borough, Box 69, Barrow, Alaska 99723. 907- 852-2611, ext.270.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Languages and Linguistics, 1118 22nd Street, NW, Washington DC 20037. (202) 429-9292, fax (202) 659-5641, Internet firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of ANLC's out-of-print books may be obtained here.
- Iditarod Area School District, Box 105, McGrath, AK 99627.
- Iñupiat Materials Development Center, North Slope Borough School District, Box 169, Barrow, AK 99723. Many titles in North Slope dialect of Iñupiaq for first- and second-language teaching.
- Kuskokwim College Bookstore, University of Alaska, P.O. Box 368, Bethel, AK 99559. 907-543-4500, ext. 535.
- Yukon Native Language Center, publishes language materials for Han, Tanacross, Lower Tanana, Upper Tanana.