How to Order
The Alaska Native Language Center accepts orders by phone, fax, mail, and e-mail, as well as in person. (Don't fax or e-mail your credit card number. We'll ask for that by phone.)
Commercial orders are accepted. Please contact the Center for commercial discount and shipping information.
Catalog: Download our catalog (PDF, 4 MB)
Phone: (907) 474-7874
Fax: (907) 474-6586
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please write "BOOK ORDER" in the subject line)
Mail: Alaska Native Language Center
PO Box 757680
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7680
In person: Books may be purchased at the ANLC office, Room 415 Brooks Building, on the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus, during normal business hours.
Online sales: Some books may be purchased online with a credit card. These books are indicated with a "Buy Online" link, which will take you to a page connected to the University of Alaska Press.
Discounts: Discounts are available for bookstores and schools.
Postage and Handling
All orders, inlcuding international and corporate, ship via Priority Mail unless otherwise requested.
The ANLC accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Other Sources Of Materials
- Alaska Native Knowledge Network Publications. Many publications relating to the relationship between indigenous language and education.
- University of Alaska Press Toll free in U.S.: 1-888-252-6657
- Bilingual Education Center, Lower Kuskokwim School District, Box 305, Bethel, AK 99559. Materials for Central Yup'ik bilingual education, mostly primary level, and teachers' aids.
- Commission on Inupiat History, Language, and Culture, North Slope Borough, Box 69, Barrow, Alaska 99723. 907- 852-2611, ext.270.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Languages and Linguistics, 1118 22nd Street, NW, Washington DC 20037. (202) 429-9292, fax (202) 659-5641, Internet email@example.com. Some of ANLC's out-of-print books may be obtained here.
- Iditarod Area School District, Box 105, McGrath, AK 99627.
- I\xf1upiat Materials Development Center, North Slope Borough School District, Box 169, Barrow, AK 99723. Many titles in North Slope dialect of I\xf1upiaq for first- and second-language teaching.
- Kuskokwim College Bookstore, University of Alaska, P.O. Box 368, Bethel, AK 99559. 907-543-4500, ext. 535.
- Yukon Native Language Center, publishes language materials for Han, Tanacross, Lower Tanana, Upper Tanana.