|Title||[Texts from Gaither Paul].|
|Description:||Ms. and ts. of five texts tape recorded by Gaither Paul and transcribed by Ronald Scollon with aid of Paul, in pause group format:
1) "Why Indians Say Not To Tease Bears;" various drafts and reworkings, 1978.
2) "Story of Dentalium necklaces," Tanacross and English, February, 1979.
3) "Second story of dentalium necklaces," Tanacross and English, June, 1979.
4) "How the child was rescued from the Brush Indian," Tanacross and English, July, 1979.
5) "How people knew there really were Brush Indians," Tanacross and English, July, 1979.
|Comments||1) altered somewhat from original catalogue entry as other "Tease Bear" texts were found in folder.
English versions are Paul's narration, not strictly line-by-line translations, but correspond closely to the Tanacross. To be published in 1980 by ANLC.
Scollon, Ronald (translator)
Link to this page: http://www.uaf.edu/anla/item.xml?id=TC978S1978a
Users may experience a delay when accessing digital files. If your browser times out, simply wait a minute or so and then reload the page. The delay is caused by the mass storage system occasionally needing to load data into the disk cache.
Permission to use digital content for non-commercial, educational purposes is granted under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Report inappropriate content to uaf-anla-dept [at] alaska.edu.