|Description:||Ts. Michael Krauss' file on Henry Hoijer with references to Hoijer's life as a missionary in Siberia, his work on Eskimo orthography and the possibility that Hoijer may have written Naukan materials.
1) Nome Nugget, June 23,1923 p.2 see also IN922H1922.
2) Arctic Nights Entertainments, Isobel Wylie Hutchison, 1938 Blackie and Son Limited, London and Glascow. p 184 only.
3) The Rim of Mystery, John Burnham, 1929, G.P. Putnam and Sons. p 16, 61, 138.
4) Memories from the Ends of the Earth. E.M. Ellingson, p. 22-29.
5) Upsalla, Svartbacksgatan (sp?) 55, den 15/4 1942, L.L. Hammerich. Annotated by Krauss: Hoijer- Nyseter 1971. 3 pp.
6) Oscar Brown, Sunnmøringen som ble eskimoens misjonr.
7)Jordens Ytterste Ender, Gustav Nyseter, Kvina Trykk, 1976.
8) Ms. notes by M. Krauss. 2 pp.
Krauss, Michael E. (author)
Link to this page: http://www.uaf.edu/anla/item.xml?id=CE970K1990c
Users may experience a delay when accessing digital files. If your browser times out, simply wait a minute or so and then reload the page. The delay is caused by the mass storage system occasionally needing to load data into the disk cache.
Permission to use digital content for non-commercial, educational purposes is granted under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Report inappropriate content to uaf-anla-dept [at] alaska.edu.