|Title||[William Workman file.]|
|Description:||Ts. File compiled by M. Krauss:
1) Correspondence from W. Workman to M. Krause regarding prehistoric human occupation of the Commander Islands. 1 pp.
2) Human History of the Commander Islands, Sea Cows, etc. a bibliography. 1 pp.
3) Summary: the Significance of External Influences (Eastern and Western) in the Development of Aleutian Culture. Excerpt pp. 196-206.
4) Generating Wealth in a Harsh Land: The Athapaskans of Northwestern North America with Comparative Reflections on the Subarctic. By William Workman, University of Alaska Anchorage.
5) Coast to Coast: Prehistoric Maritime Cultures in the North Pacific. By William Workman and Allen P. Mc Cartney, In Arctic Anthropology Vol.35, No.1, pp 361-370.
6) Arctic Mirrors: Russia and the Small Peoples of the North. By Yuri Slezkine. (Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1994. Book Review by William Workman in Ethnohistory Vol. 42:4 Fall, 1995. 2 pp.
|Comments||In 2012 William Workman was a Professor Emeritus of Anthropology at the University of Alaska Anchorage who began working in Alaskan Anthropology in 1962.|
|Citation||M. Krauss materials donated in 2012.|
Workman, William B. (author)
Link to this page: http://www.uaf.edu/anla/item.xml?id=G962W2000