|Title||[Place names: Eyak River Area]|
|Description:||Folder includes place names and maps gathered by Michael E. Krauss for John Johnson of Chugach Natives Inc. in 1982. This was for a court case involving Eyak villages and sites along the Eyak River.
1. Correspondence between Dune Lankard, Michael Krauss and John Johnson.
2. Eyak placenames list 1982.
3. 1908, 1909 transcript of historical and geneological information.
4. Affidavit of Michael E. Krauss. In the Superior Court for the State of Alaska, Third Judicial Districe. Eyak Traditional Elders Council; Marie Smith Jones; Deborah Lee Lankard; Glen E. Lankard Jr.; Pamela Jean Smith; Rosie Sophie Starek; and the State of Alaska, Department of Natural Resources. plaintiffs, v. Sherstone, Inc.; Eyak Corporation; Whitestone Logging; Sound Development Inc. defendants. 10/12/1993.
5. Memorandum in support of Motion for Temporary Restraining Order. No date.
6. Second affadavit of Marie Smith Jones.
7. Affadavit of Rosie Sophie Starek. 9/23/1992.
8. M. Krauss notes on Eyak placenames; copies of place names file slips, copies of place names maps. 20 pp.
9. Seward sectional aeronautical chart.
10. Topographic 1:63360 quadrangles Cordova and Icy Bay, incomplete set. Possibly annotated.
11. Topographic 1:250,000 quadrangles: Cordova and Bering Glacier. Heavily annotated with Eyak place names by M. Krauss.
|Comments||This file has been restricted due to the legal affadavits. Separate copies of the topographic maps are cataloged under EY961K1982d.|
Krauss, Michael E. (compiler)
|Restrictions||Legal materials. Contact ANLA staff for access.|
Link to this page: http://www.uaf.edu/anla/item.xml?id=EY961K1982b