Request alumni benefactor funding for your department or club
The Alumni Benefactor Program was developed for alumni to raise funds from alumni for student life enhancement projects. Ideal student life projects are those that benefit a large number of students and have a positive and visible impact on the campus.
All applications must be typed and double-spaced on 8½” by 11” paper and emailed to email@example.com. Applicants are asked to address all items listed below and to provide as much detail as appropriate to assist the UAF Alumni Association in making its funding determination. Please use the same numbering format as below.
- Cover sheet
Prepare a cover sheet (not to exceed 1 page) which includes:
- The name and contact information of the department or student club applying for funds.
- The name and contact information of the department head or club president and club advisor.
- The name and title of the person preparing this application.
- The amount requested.
- A brief abstract of the project, including its purpose and any goals.
- Funding and support
Prepare a synopsis of your project or activity and the intended use of the funds you are requesting. Please address the following:
- Department or club efforts to obtain funding from other sources.
- How the requested benefactor funds will be used, including the number of students who will be affected.
- Your department or club’s ability to carry out the project without the requested funds.
- The minimum amount of funding needed and how your department or club might use funding in an amount less than originally requested.
- Anything else you would like the Board of Directors to know.
Provide a detailed budget of projected expenses for the project.
Application deadlines: Proposals are accepted at any time and are reviewed at meetings of the UAF Alumni Association Board of Directors. In order to be considered, an application must be submitted a minimum of one week before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
Any questions concerning the Benefactor Fund or the application process may be sent to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org.