Welcome to UAF!
Congratulations on your acceptance! We look forward to helping you achieve your academic goals and explore the possibilities of the Last Frontier — where inspiration is around every bend, independence is championed, and adventure is inevitable.
Use this website as a trail guide to the next steps you need to take on your path to becoming a Nanook.
Steps to take before you arrive:
- Financial Aid: Apply now for the FAFSA and scholarships.
- Claim your UA username and password: You will need this to access multiple services available to UAF students.
- Academic Advising: Set up an appointment with your academic advisor, via phone or email, before registering for classes. Make sure you have submitted current test scores, including ALEKS math placement module.
- Registration: Register early early at http://uaonline.alaska.edu. Textbooks can be ordered online or purchased at the UAF Bookstore.
- Housing and mail: If you plan to live on campus, complete and return the residence hall application. Return the student mailbox application if you want to receive mail on campus.
- Dining Services: If you plan to live in a campus residence hall or if you'd like a meal plan, enroll in a meal plan. Meal plans will become available during the summer of 2014.
- Health inventory and immunization record: Complete the health inventory form before arriving.
- New Student Orientation: This program is required for most new students, and it provides plenty of useful information. Reserve your space now.
- Get your UAF email address: After you register for classes, make sure to set up your UAF email so you get important information.
Help yourself at UAOnline
- Go to UAonline
- Click on "Login to Secured Area"
If you need assistance logging in, follow the instructions for claiming or resetting your information. For more assistance, contact the OIT Support Center at 800-478-8226, 907-450-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact the Office of Admissions & the Registrar to reset your PIN, you must also log in to UAOnline to change it to a new PIN of your choice before midnight the same day.
You're coming, right?
We're ready for you! Let us know whether you'd like to accept your admission, postpone it, or if you'll be unable to attend, at www.uaf.edu/admissions/reply/.