Directions to UAF
Alaska Airlines links to major airlines though Seattle and offers service now to Boston, Denver, Miami, Newark, New York City and Washington, D.C. The Fairbanks International Airport, three miles from campus, offers rental cars, taxi and limousine service.
(Tip: be sure to join the frequent flier program of the airline you use to fly to Fairbanks.)
- Alaska Airlines: (800) 252-7522
- Delta Airlines (summer only): (800) 221-1212
- Frontier Flying Service: (907) 474-0014
- Northwest Airlines (summer only): (800) 255-2525
The Alaska Railroad has service from Anchorage to the downtown Fairbanks railroad depot, located about four miles from campus. From the station, taxis and borough buses are available.
Reservations and information: (800) 544-0552
Coming from Anchorage on the Parks Highway: Take the Geist Road exit and turn left onto Geist. Continue east on Geist for 1/2 mile to Thompson Dr. Turn left onto Thompson Drive, which ends at a traffic circle. Take the first right (Tanana Loop East).
Coming from Delta Junction on the Richardson Highway: Approximately 10 miles past North Pole, take the exit on the right labeled “Denali Park.” You are now on the Mitchell Expressway. After approximately three miles, take the Geist Road exit, and turn right onto Geist Road. Continue east on Geist for 1/2 mile to Thompson Drive. Turn left onto Thompson drive, which ends at a traffic circle. Take the first right (Tanana Loop East).
For additional help, refer to our campus map.
For car rental you may contact:
- Avis: (800) 478-2847
- Budget Rent-A-Car: (800) 527-0700
- Dollar Rent-A-Car: (800) 800-4000
- National Car Rental: (800) 227-7368
- Payless: (800) PAYLESS
- Thrifty: (800) THRIFTY
Parking on campus
- Park in any of the more than 150 metered spaces throughout campus. Green-topped meters are reserved exclusively for visitors. Meters must be paid Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Short-term parking permits may be purchased at a parking permit kiosk for use in UAF decal-required lots (please see map for locations). Daily permits may also be purchased from Parking Services offices in room 114 of the Facilities Services building, or from the Wood Center information desk.
- Visitors may park for free after 5 p.m. weekdays and all day on weekends unless otherwise posted.
UAF Shuttles operate Monday through Friday, from 7:15 a.m. - 10:30 p.m., with limited service during school breaks and no service on UAF holidays or Saturdays or Sundays. Check out the UAF Shuttle Tracker to find a shuttle near you.
Parking questions? Call 907-474-PARK. We're here to help!