Pilgrim Weekly Updates
October 21-25, 2013
- PS-13-1 well screen arrived in Nome. Made of stainless steel, the well screen is designed specifically for this well based on examination of drill cuttings and the size of the water bearing aquifer. It is used to separate the water from the sediments in the aquifer and maximize the flows available in the well.
- Temperature gradient well PS-13-2 drilled and logged
- ACEP Director Gwen Holdmann visited site
- PS-13-3 temperature gradient well site chosen
- PS-13-1 was reamed out to its final diameter of 17 1/2 inches and sand was back filled into the bottom of the hole to give it it's final depth of 250 feet.
- Drillers "developed" PS-13-1 using a variety of methods including water injection and air injection. The purpose of development is to extract the last of the drilling mud from the well along with any fine material so that the well screen is free and clear of possible blockages.
NEXT WEEK: PS-13-3 will be drilled and logged