Alaska currently has five Wind for Schools projects installed across the state in the communities of Palmer, Juneau, Sitka and Nome. To learn more about these projects, please visit the host site:
- Sherrod Elementary (Palmer, 2008 installation)
- Mt. Edgecumbe (Sitka, 2010 installation)
- U.S. Coast Guard (Juneau, 2010 installation)
- Mat-Su College (Palmer, 2011 Installation)
- Northwestern Alaska Career and Technical Center (Nome 2011 Installation)
Several other schools are working toward the installation of wind turbines. Please check back for updates!