ACEP This Week
August 12 - 18, 2013
(For prior week's news, please visit the ACEP This Week Archive)
ACEP Welcomes Economist Antony Scott as a New Team Member
Antony Scott will be joining ACEP as a full time member of our staff after a year as an affiliated researcher with the Office of the UAF Vice Chancellor of Research. Since coming to UAF, Antony has brought a significant contribution in economic and business analysis to energy projects and their impact on communities. His primary project was “A Comparative Economic Analysis of the Major Energy Projects for Fairbanks” including the various pipeline options, LNG trucking and Susitna - Watana Hydro (link to report). Before coming to UAF, Antony served as a Senior Economist at the Alaska State Division of Oil and Gas and has also served as an economist for the Regulatory Commission of Alaska.
2013 Week of the Arctic Schedule
2013 Week of the Arctic | August 12-18
Presented by the Institute of the North and the University of Alaska Fairbanks
Monday, August 12th
- 11:30 am | ANSEP, UAA | Workforce Development in Northern Regions
- 3 pm | Wells Fargo Boardroom | Inaugural Arctic Business Roundtable
Tuesday, August 3th
- 8:30 am | Dena'ina Center | Northern Energy Efficiency, Architecture and Design
- 6:00 pm | Anchorage Museum | Arctic Partnership Meeting
Wednesday, August 14th
- 8:00 am | UAA Consortium Library | Approaching Integrated Arctic Management
- 6:00 pm | Anchorage Museum | Update on Search and Rescue Planning and Exercises
Thursday, August 15th
- 12:00 pm | 1675 C Street | Arctic Research Highlights
- 1:30 pm | Dena'ina Center | Oil Spill Response and Stakeholder Engagement
Friday, August 16th
- 11:30 am | Dena'ina Center | Arctic Council Working Groups
Saturday, August 17th
- 6:00 pm | Hotel Captain Cook | Robert O. Anderson Sustainable Arctic Award Dinner
Sunday, August 18th
1:00 pm | Anchorage Museum, Arctic Studies Center | Governor Walter J. Hickel Day of the Arctic
ACEP at Chena Energy Fair, August 18th, Fairbanks
ACEP Program Assistant, Max Frey, will be attending the 8th Annual Chena Hot Springs Renewable Energy Fair this Saturday, August 18th. Stop by ACEP’s booth to participate in hands on activities for children and to learn more about energy projects in Alaska.
Energy Technology Laboratory Tours This Week
Thursday, August 15th:
- Representative Andy Josephson will be touring ACEP’s Energy Technology Facility.
Connect with ACEP
The Alaska Center for Energy & Power is an applied research program under the Institute of Northern Engineering located at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. For more information contact Julie Estey, Business Director, Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org.